WHO REMEMBERS THE AFROBEAT KING AND HIS FAMOUS “WATER” SONG?
Sing along: Water e no get enemy!!
This line of the song remains evergreen, applicable today as it did yesterday and will be tomorrow.
Apart from the mass of our body being made up of water, we need water to sustain our very existence. From removal of toxins and waste from the body, to processing our food as well as optimum skin and hair care. And because we daily lose water through perspiration, urination, breathing and bowel movements, we need to keep replenishing the body by drinking at least 2.2 litres of water every day as suggested by the institute of medicine.
Check out what water can do for your skin:
- Maintains the optimum skin moisture, it replenishes the skin tissue and increases its elasticity.
- Safely replaces expensive anti-aging treatments. It enhances the skin complexion.
- By increasing the metabolic rate and improving digestive system, water combats skin disorders like psoriasis, wrinkle and eczema.
- A nice cold shower and relaxing bath calms the nerves and reduces stress related damage to the skin.
- Cold water bath eliminates redness of the skin and makes it ready for better makeup application. After opening the pores by bathing with warm water, you seal them by splashing cold water. Cold water tightens your pores and stops them from getting clogged. It reduces the appearance of acne.
- Cold water compress helps reduce under-eye inflammation. As the water evaporates from the skin,the surface becomes cooler. Splashing cold water on the eye can also reduce eye puffiness.
Now check out what water can do for your hair:
- Cold water rinse leaves your hair glossy and shiny. Its cold temperature makes your strands smoother, also prevents dirt from accumulating on your scalp and makes your hair stronger.
- Ocean water which contains red algae and sea lettuce will cleanse your hair. It will also strengthen it and add shine to it.
- Soft water will leave your hair easier to manage because of the presence of low mineral salt and molecules. However, if you get hard water supply, then install a water softening shower filter. This will help prevent your hair colour from fading.
- Chlorinated and salty water can make your hair frizzy. To prevent such damage,rinse your hair before plunging into the pool. Your hair will absorb the clean water and not soak up so much of the chlorinated one.
- Water is the most natural setting lotion for your hair! When your hair is wet, the hydrogen bonds that your strands are made up of separates. If you style your hair while it is wet, the hydrogen bonds will reform to give a new shape. This purely natural setting lotion does not contain any harsh chemicals as found in some other hair styling products.
Now you have more reasons to drink water don't you?
Join the winning team and STAY HYDRATED!!